My difficulty in ENV102 module regarding calculation in Chapter 4 [Reflection writing]

My difficulty in ENV102 module regarding calculation in Chapter 4

         When I was introduced with the ENV102 module for the first time in the class, I faced difficulty such as I could not connect the concept of population theory with the present day. In general, I had trouble in the ENV102 module's chapter four, "Basic Measures of Population Growth" (calculation for Arithmetic Growth, Geometric Growth and Exponential Growth), in three areas such as formula interpretation, its parameters of application and the differences among them.

          Firstly, when our lecturer presented chapter 4 of the ENV102 module, titled "Basic Measures of Population, " in class using the three formulae of arithmetic growth, geometric growth and exponential growth, I was startled and unable to understand what was being discussed. Our instructor just stated the formulae without explaining their context. For instance, Pt2=Pt1(1+rt) was the formula for arithmetic growth. I was perplexed and unable to comprehend what Pt2, Pt1, r and t meant. The professor immediately began employing this formula to complete the exercise, but I was interested in understanding its intent. Mulwa (2015) states that issues with learning and applying mathematical terminology and concepts may be related to either the student's lack of proficiency in the mathematical language or the fact that certain terms cannot be articulated explicitly in ordering language, but if the students is inquisitive they can perfectly recognize. Therefore, I approached the professor during my free time since I was eager to learn more about this topic. Finally, I learned from the equation that Pt2=Pt1(1+rt) that Pt2 means for the population at the end, Pt1 for the population at the beginning, r stands for growth rate and t stands for a time interval.

          Secondly, comprehending how to use these three formulae about the growth of population was a challenge I confronted in chapter four. Although we reviewed the method for calculating statistical information in class, the presentation did not adequately address the question of where these types of measurements are used. Hodgkinson (2000) argues that we have only just begun to comprehend the influence and significance of demography on education and the role of the lecturer as the head of the classroom. In college near you, all of these demographic shifts will eventually take place. However, to meet the authentic inquisitiveness about the application of this evaluation, I sought assistance from the academic researchers and observed that arithmetic growth has been used to determine population expansion that is constant in size. Whenever demographic increases over a year, geometric growth is utilized. Exponential growth is used where unlimited development is not physically possible. So, within these growth rates itself, it has its own function for different regions with different aspects and conditions as mentioned above.

          Thirdly, one of the constraints I had in Chapter 4 was that I could not distinguish between arithmetic growth, geometric growth and exponential growth. Our instructor emphasized during class that we would need to do independent research on this issue. Considering we did not study this subject in lower school, it was the tutor's responsibility to explain everything adequately, but that did not take place. I must go on my exploration. At first glance, I had trouble comparing these population-measuring techniques. According to Brimlow (2013), understanding how and why populations expand may allow us to better predict future changes in population numbers and growth rates more accurately as well as comprehend the factors that influence these changes. Arithmetic growth adheres to the law of algebraic equations, geometric growth corresponds to a geometric rule of calculation and exponential growth adheres to the law of exponential, according to my study on the theme of population development. Having this individual law and relationship among them, has become more convenient, easier and accurate to measure the population growth of the people living in different regions. Due to the research that I have done in this field, I came to know that when we understand the laws of these measurements, in line with the manipulation of mathematical concepts, we can easily estimate whether the population of a particular region is increasing, remaining constant or decreasing with the moving time.

          In summary, having to work through such a challenge in the ENV102 module, particularly in chapter four, I learned new technical terms that are pertinent to the context of population and environment. So, I learned how to interpret the exponential, geometrical and arithmetic growth formulae. Parameters, especially those that distinguish these measurement instruments from one another, in which they are utilized. Having all this information, it enhanced my motivation. For my learning in coming days, I will follow this same strategy and increase my dedication, which will help me in improving my learning skills.
                      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dzongkha Essay Sample

Personal Essay [For Scholarship]

Missing You Mom