Personal Essay [For Scholarship]

Personal Essay [Sample for Scholarship]

One of the quotation by anonymous literature writer articulated, "Past is a waste paper. Present is a newspaper. Future is a question paper, so read and write carefully otherwise you will be like a tissue paper." On this note, I Sonam Wangchuk Sherpa, a class twelve passed-out science student from Kuendrup Higher Secondary School, Gelephu Thomde, Sarpang Bhutan, would like to mention a personal essay to explain my ambition and studies, the rationale behind choosing this course and to request an assistance for my studies under Loden Foundation.

After I graduated from Higher School, I became certain that if I wanted to pursue further studies, I needed to be persistent and determined to achieve my career aspirations. However, I would not be at this level in my education without two sisters' support, inconceivable love and care. My mother had expired in 2011, when I was just about to turned 12 years old. It was my one of the traumatic events and bitter life experience when someone special and close person depart from us forever. The day after that, in her absence my father lost faith of being alive and become hopeless. He had overcome that sorrow by ingesting excessive alcohol. His habit of drinking continues from dawn to dusk leaving sibling behind unattended and vulnerable. Subsequently, I lost hope on him completely. On the contrary, my sisters looked after me then.

My two sisters are house wife, have no job and depend solely on her husband's salary to meet their month's ends. Till this day of completion of BHSEC result, they have guided me mentally, physically and financially from beginning to the end of my schooling. To pursue further studies and to make unseen endeavor ahead of me comfortable, I happily confronted any challenges and tried every opportunity that are exposed or on my way, if not, I may land up being handicapped eventually.

If I am chosen or given a scholarship opportunity, I would like to opt for BSc. Environmental Science Management at Royal Thimphu College (RTC). My main motive of taking this course is that, firstly I am a die-hard nature lover and wants to become environmentalist. Secondly, I am an eco-friendly person. Even I have an inborn understanding of immense significance of greenery and clean environment of which, I am anytime proud of. This small habit needs to be reinforced by learning advance in depth knowledge and ideas. I think the best course would be taking this field of study, to broaden my little insights and benefit universe at large. In this course, I look forward to gain unprecedented thrust for studies, creativity and innovation, eye opening ideas and precise solution to the current environmental crisis. All in all, to fulfill the parameters of environment set by higher authorities without harming human being and animals which is one of the core elements of GNH. Here on my graduation from the university, I promise and guaranteed that I will dedicate my service in the management of environment with utmost royalty, pride and aptitude.

With the hoping and believing in oneself, I am constantly trying to find more supporters and searching for scholarships that will help me to complete my further studies. I remain grateful to find opportunities like the one your foundation is providing to the destitute students like me which I will embrace throughout my life. It makes me feel and realized that I am not alone on the journey of accomplishing my educational goals to inspire every youth of the nation as well future generation to become nationally rooted and globally competent enough to tackle, navigate and take our nation a step forward.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dzongkha Essay Sample

Missing You Mom